A well-designed website accomplishes a number of things.
It functions properly. It is enriched with basic marketing capabilities. It features a thoughtful design enhanced with professional images and text.
However, for a website to truly stand out in the sea of available pages to scroll through, it has to have a personality and communicate a clear message. Essentially, it has to be built on your brand identity.
We have gathered five easy tips to help you ensure your website maximises your brand's unique message.
Who are you as a company or business? This question is at the heart of brand identity. Whether you work together as a team or build upon the vision of a leader, it is important you discuss the core values, principles, and goals of your company.
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself as you begin to develop your brand identity:
- What principles are non-negotiable in your company?
- How would you like your audience to describe your company?
- What problem do you solve for your audience?
- What other companies do you admire for their brand identity?
Define Your Target Market
As important as it is to present a genuine message about who you are as a company, your customers need to be able to identify with your brand. Define your target market to ensure you build a website that will engage and excite your customers.
How do you do this? Consider a few of these ideas:
- Determine your greatest service and who will benefit from it most.
- Use surveys and market research to get productive feedback.
- Check out your competition and evaluate what you like and do not like about their websites.
Stick to Your Style
Consistency is key to when it comes to your brand identity. Without a clear voice, your customer base may find it difficult to grasp onto the message you want them to hear.
To make sure your voice and style is consistent on your website, ask yourself these questions:
- Is the style of images and graphics consistent across the website?
- Do we use the same tone of voice in all our written content?
- Is our branding consistent across all of our marketing platforms? For example, is the style and tone of our social media the same as on our website?
Link to Social Media
Speaking of social media, make sure to have it! More importantly, make sure your website features links or buttons to your social media pages. If your audience is exposed to your company across multiple channels, the clarity of your brand message will be stronger.
So, include social media on your site! It should feature prominently on your homepage, your contact page, and the end of blog posts.
Create a Blog
A blog on your website is a great way to share personalised content with visitors. Promotional content, even without overbearing calls to action, is geared towards getting the sale. You can relax more on a blog.
Share about your company. Give visitors a behind-the-scenes look into your daily activities. Write about what inspires you. Talk about changes you make. Put a face and a voice behind your brand through a well-written blog that is consistently updated.
Would you like to know more about how to build a website that maximises your brand identity and connects you to your customers? Our team of dynamic digital experts is here to help.